So you’ve already downloaded Kik on your iPhone or Android and want to expand where and when you can use the app. I’ll walk you through tips and tricks to login.
When you go searching for alternatives you find there are limited options beyond smartphones. I came across this issue when I was at home or work and wanted to login to Kik but didn’t know how.
Below I’ll walk you through your various options for using Kik online and how to access the Kik login page no matter where you are or what device you’re on. Best of all, you won’t have to install any software on the computer to run Kik, it’s completely online.
If you’re ok to download a software program to run Kik on your PC, you should check out the desktop options that are a bit more powerful and better to use if you’re on your personal computer. It’s best to use the Kik online option if you’re at work and don’t want to download any software or at an internet cafe.
Does Kik Offer An Official Online Option?
As of now, Kik has not developed an online version of their popular app and from reading through their blog and response to questions it appears that development of a Kik online version is not in the works currently. My guess is that we won’t see any development on this front for at least a few years, if not more depending on the growth and funding of Kik in the coming years.
So what do we do now? Basically, the goal is to run a smartphone app on a computer’s web browser. Fortunately for us, this is possible with a few awesome tools and a Google Play account. Let’s get into the details.
How To Run Kik Online
For this method to work you will need to have a few things beforehand. One is that you need to have already signed up for Kik using an iPhone or Android device. If you don’t have one of those devices, ask a friend to borrow theirs and set it up. You will need to enter in some personal information such as your name and email address and you will need to come up with a username. You won’t be able to change your username after initially signing up so make sure it’s a good one!
Next, you will need to have a Google Play account. This is what you will use to get the Kik apk file so that you can run the app online. If you don’t have a Google Play account make sure you sign up for one and you will need to login to your account on an Android device. If you don’t have an Android device, make sure you borrow a friends or family members smartphone or tablet. This is needed because Google won’t let you download the app without having registered a device with your account. When this is done, you’re ready to get started.
Kik Online with Manymo
Now, the idea is to run Manymo, a super useful Android emulator that runs solely online without having to download the software like you do for BlueStacks or Andyroid. This option is completely online.
Note, that before running Kik on Manymo you will need to head over to your Google Play account and download the Kik app apk file (the app software file) so that you can upload it to Manymo. You will also need to sign up for a Manymo account, thankfully it’s currently free so just enter in your information and they will let you use their online emulator.
To run Kik on Manymo follow these steps:
- First, head over to the Manymo emulator page, which will give you options for different screen sizes. You will notice at the top right an option to “Launch with: App” click that button.
- Now, you will see a screen to upload the Kik apk file you previously downloaded from Google Play. You can drag and drop in the app or you can click the browse button to navigate to the app. Hit continue to upload the app.
- You can now choose which emulator you want to use depending on preference on screen sizes. After you choose an emulator to run, click Launch.
You should now see Manymo start Kik Messenger online through it’s Android emulator. Pretty cool huh?
Below are a few tips to make the experience a bit better and easier to use.
- If you previously opened Kik on Manymo you won’t need to upload the file again. You can simply navigate to the emulator and it should show up on the home screen or automatically launch.
- If you prefer landscape mode you can press the following keys on a PC: ctrl + fn+ F11, which will toggle back and forth between portrait and landscape.
- If you choose, you can upload multiple different apps into your emulator so you can multitask with multiple apps at a time.
Know of any other good tips on how to run Kik online? Let us know if you tried the technique above and how it worked for you. Leave comments below so we can share experiences with others.