Most people who regularly use the Kik Messenger app to chat with their friends do not probably realize that it is also quite possible to do use Kik for PC.
Although Kik Messenger has always had its focus on mobile devices, there are work around methods that allow Kik users to use the instant messaging app on their PC as well.
It is not beyond the realm of possibility that Kik Messenger may officially become available for PC or Mac computers in the near future. In the meantime, all we can do if we want to have access to the Kik Messenger app from a PC is to use the technology available.
In this article, we will explain everything you will need to know and take into account before you use Kik Messenger for PC. The first thing to bear in mind is that no method to access the Kik Messenger app outside the official mobile device way, is unauthorized by Kik Messenger. This means, among other things, that if you encounter any technical difficulties that may arise while using Kik Messenger on a PC, will be unsupported by Kik Messenger. In other words, if you experience any technical problems, you will not be able to get any help from Kik Messenger.
For that and other reasons, we will not recommend using Kik Messenger only from a PC. On the contrary, Kik Messenger for PC should always been regarded as an occasional alternative to using Kik Messenger on a smart phone or mobile device.
Before we go any further explaining anything else about using Kik Messenger for PC, there is one thing you should know. Only Android users can have access to Kik Messenger for PC. We will go into the ins and outs of this later on in this article. For now, suffice it to say that unless you have an Android device, unfortunately, you will not be able to use Kik Messenger for PC.
“The PC has improved the world in just about every area you can think of. Amazing developments in communications, collaboration and efficiencies. New kinds of entertainment and social media. Access to information and the ability to give a voice people to who would never have been heard”. Bill Gates.
If these words do not convince you of the benefits of using a PC, we will do our best to do so in this article. Actually, it is not even about convincing you to use a PC. Rather, it is about explaining the benefits of using the Kik Messenger on a PC.
What Are the Benefits of Using Kik For PC?
In fact, everything you can do with the Kik Messenger app on your Android mobile device, you will be able to do from your PC. What follows is a comprehensive and illustrative list of the benefits of using Kik Messenger on your PC:
- With Kik Messenger for PC, you will be able to send and receive instant text messages completely for free to and from millions of other Kik users around the world. Because you will be using a Wi-Fi network, you will not be incurring any extra charges from using Kik on a PC.
- Apart from text messages, Kik Messenger for PC gives its users the possibility to send (or share) pictures, video or audio files, Gifs (thanks to the convenient and easy to use fully integrated Gif keyboard), Kik bots, stickers, and other fun features designed to enhance every one of your Kik chats.
- Kik Messenger for PC will protect your privacy. While other instant messaging services, such as WhatsApp, require their users to exchange private information such as telephone numbers, with Kik Messenger for PC this will not be necessary. Whether you use Kik Messenger on a smart phone or on your PC you will never need to give someone else your telephone number in order to chat on Kik Messenger. All you will ever need to know is the user name of the person you are interested in chatting with.
- With Kik Messenger for PC you will be able to chat with anybody else who uses the app on a one-to-one bases, or join in a group chat so that you can message several people at the same time (for example a group of your friends, work colleagues or family members). You can even create your own groups and add any of your Kik Messenger friends to it straightway. Thanks to Kik code, you will also be able to promote your Kik Messenger groups on parties on your social networks. This is a great way of meeting people and making new friends.
- You can also share your profile across your social media presence so that any new followers or friends you gain on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and other popular social media networks could add you on Kik Messenger.
- Kik Messenger for PC has a growing collection games that you can play on line with your Kik friends for free.
- Kik Messenger for PC comes with a built-in web browser. What this means is that if you are talking about anything with another Kik user and you want to find more information about it online you will not need to leave the Kik Messenger app and open a traditional web browser. You can do all of that at the same time on the Kik Messenger app, which will save considerable time and effort making using the instant chat app more convenient than most of its competitors out there.
- Stickers are a great way to enhance your Kik Messenger chats on PC. The Kik Messenger app operates a points based system known as Kik points. Users can accumulate points through accessing some promoted content. Once they have earned enough points they can use them to buy emojo or stickers. Stickers are larger than your average emoji so many Kik Messenger users consider them a lot more fun.
- Kik Messenger for PC has chat notification status that allows you to know if your messages have been delivered successfully or read by the person you have sent them to. Every message has a letter explaining their status: either sent (S), delivered (D), and read (R). So, you will always know if and when your messages are received and read.
- Kik Messenger for PC allows its users to send and receive as many messages as they would like. There are absolutely no limits to the amount of messages that you can exchange with other individual users or groups. And using Kik Messenger on PC that you will never have to pay for any of those messages no matter how big or small they are (for example, if they include pictures or video).
So these are the main features that you have access to is you use the Kik Messenger app on your PC. So, if you have an Android device and would like to also use the Kik Messenger app on your PC as well, in the next section we will show you what you need to do in order to go about doing this.
How Can You Get Kik Messenger for PC?
Even though accessing Kik Messenger for PC is not authorized as such it is important to make clear that this is perfectly legal. The way you will get Kik Messenger for PC is by using an Android emulator first and then downloading and installing it using the Google Play app store.
The first thing you will need to decide is what Android emulator will work best for you. We would recommend Manymo because it is based on a browser so it does not require any downloads and you can access it from any computer you choose once you have registered for free. Manymo is also the most stable Android emulator so it is very reliable if you are planning on using Kik Messenger for PC very often.
If, however, you think you would just use Kik Messenger for PC sporadically rather than regularly, you could also consider the following Android emulators: BlueStacks or Andyroid. They are both worth considering although some users prefer one over the other. There are also other Android emulators out there so if you already use one you may want to try to use Kik Messenger for PC on it and see how you like it. If this works out for you then do not look any further. M
Once you have an Android emulator, either one that is web browser based like Manymo or a downloadable one like Andyroid or BlueStacks, you will need to head over to the Google Play app store.
With your Google Play account, you will be able to download the Kik Messenger APK file and installed it on your PC. This will only work if you already have a Google Play account with one Android device or more registered to it.
Once Kik Messenger has been downloaded and installed you will be able to launch it and log in exactly as you would do with your Android device.
As you can see, using Kik Messenger for PC is completely free, easy to use, and full on benefits. So, what are you waiting for? You could be enjoying Kik Messenger for PC today!